PCT thru hikers struggle to decide whether to continue trek

Over the past couple days, I have met a half dozen hikers passing by my place who received the PCTA email and general notice asking them to quit hiking and get off trail in response to the Covid-19 pandemic. I don’t know what they will eventually decide to do (there are no options to get off trail from my place, so they would need to continue hiking at least until Highway 74), but everyone I spoke to was taking this request very seriously. Several offered that they had firmly decided to contact family when they had cell service again to start to make arrangements to get back home. A couple hikers from Germany I spoke with had the added problem of dealing with international travel in these days of cancelled flights and border restrictions.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s